It is the applicant's responsibility to see that all required documents and fees reach the board office.
- Non-refundable application fee - $120. Check or money order made payable to Board of Athletic Training Examiners.
- Official transcripts showing proof of baccalaureate or post baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university with proof of completion of required courses. Transcripts must be sent directly to the Board office from the school(s).
- Notarized copy of diploma, if degree not on transcript.
Official letter of certification submitted directly from the BOC. (As of July 1, 2004, this is the only option for proof of certification.)
- Applicants who hold or have held an athletic training license in any other state(s) or country(ies) must request official verification of licensure status from each state where you have held license. This must include issue date, expiration date and any pending or past disciplinary action and be sent directly to this Board Office from the state of licensure.
- If any of your documentation is in a name other that your current name, please include a copy of the legal proof of name change, i.e., marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.
Applications must be complete and signed to be processed. No application will be considered complete until all required supporting documents and fees have been received in the Board Office. The Board will evaluate your qualifications solely on the basis of the information submitted. Questions regarding the application process or to receive an application call 515-281-4401.
Mail the completed application (not a photocopy) to :
Board of Athletic Training Examiners
Iowa Department of Public Health
Bureau of Professional Licensure
Lucas State Office Building, 5th Floor
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines, IA 50219-0075